Vasilevka city situated on the left bank of the river Karachekrak which flows through the 2.5 km in Kakhovske reservoir ( Dnipro ) .On the outskirts of the city , at the foot of Bald Mountain , burial excavated Neolithic (V millennium BC. E . ) With 30 graves testifying about settling this area in ancient times . Found near the burial remains of a settlement of the Late Bronze Age.History of the city is closely related to the genus Popov . Major General Vasily Stepanovich Popov by decree of Empress Catherine II July 27, 1788 were given the land and founded the village .In the XIX - early XX century was a Vasilevka Melitopol district Tauride province and was the center of Vasilievskaya parish.In Vasilyevka was the largest castle in Eastern Europe XIX . - Popov Castle , built in 1884. Unfortunately it is not completely preserved. Now - Museum Reserve "Manor Popov ."1957 - awarded city status.